7th Grade Social Studies
**Please be sure to check back through out the week for homework updates/reminders!**
This week we begin to learn how the colonists earned their independecnce from Britain. Some topics that we will discuss include: Thomas Paine's Common Sense, Virginia's Resolution, and the Declaration of Independence.
Thursday, March 22nd:
* Current events is due on Friday, March 23rd
Criteria for current events:
- 12 font, Times New Roman, double-spaced (if you cannot type your summary, you may nearly hand write it on loose-leaf)
- one paragraph describing the event (include where, when, who was involved, and what occurred)
- one paragraph entailing your opinions/reaction to the article
- proper citation (include the title of the article, author, and date)
- be sure to attach the article to your work/ include a link to your article
** you can find articles through newspapers, websites, magazines, etc..