8th Grade Social Studies
**Please be sure to check back through out the week for homework updates/reminders!**
The 8th Grade projects on the Industrial Revolution were wonderful! The students worked very hard and their hard work showed! This week we will begin a new chapter (Chapter 19). We will discuss many topics including, the Gilded Age, the Spoils System, the Sqaure Deal, and controlling big businesses.
Friday, February 16th:
* There will be a test on Chapter 19: Sections 1-2 on Thursday, March 1st
LINKS: President's Day
* Current Events is due on February 28th
Criteria for current events:
- 12 font, Times New Roman, doubl-spaced (if you cannot type your summary, you may nearly hand write it on loose-leaf)
- one paragraph describing the event (include where, when, who was involved, and what occurred)
- one paragraph entailing your opinions/reaction to the article
- proper citation (include the title of the article, author, and date)
- be sure to attach the article to your work/ include a link to your article
** you can find articles through newspapers, websites, magazines, etc..